This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
If you like this article, please Pin this image 👇
Blogging is amazing. The Internet opens up so many doors to make money. I just launched my blog three months ago but am already making thousands of dollars a month from it. And unlike my day job, it doesn't feel like a drag! I deeply enjoy learning about personal finance and sharing what I enjoy with others, and I feel energized when I work on my blog.
And no matter what your blog is going to be about, I know you'll find it extremely satisfying to share your unique knowledge and experiences with the world.
Another great thing about the blogging business is that it is extremely inexpensive to get started. Your out-of-pocket costs will typically be less than $10 a month.
Also, because I have arranged a discounted pricing arrangement with my readers through Bluehost, you can run your blog for even cheaper: $3.95 per month to be exact. Also through my link, you will receive one free domain name as well as free WordPress install + a 30-day moneyback guarantee.
Think about it. $3.95. That's less than a latte at Starbucks. I think you can spare one latte a month to create a profitable business, right?
However, you must put in the work. There is no way around that. In order to make as much money as I have in the past three months, I had to spend much of my free time creating meaningful content and visuals.
So click right here to start your blog on Bluehost and then come back here for your step-by-step instructions. In case you're wondering, here are some reasons why I recommend Bluehost:
- Bluehost allows you to be self-hosted. By “host”, I mean somewhere in the big ol' Internet world where your site — with all its texts and images and everything else — is stored. Yes, you can start a blog for free at many places throughout the Internet, but in order to make big money online, you need to be self-hosted by paying a hosting company like Bluehost a small fee every month.
- Bluehost gives you a free domain name if you sign up through my link.
- Bluehost gives you WordPress for free if you sign up through my link and purchase a 12-month or longer hosting plan (you save money anyway doing this).
- Bluehost is extremely easy to use.
- Bluehost has amazing and free technical support.
- Bluehost is trusted by more bloggers than any other hosting company.
So head on over to Bluehost through my link to get started.
How to Start Your WordPress Blog on Bluehost
1. Click here to get my special $3.95 pricing, a free domain name, free WordPress install, and a 30-day moneyback guarantee.
2. Click “Get Started Now” and select the “Basic” plan for now. You can always upgrade later.
3. Choose your free domain name.
Here are some pointers on choosing your domain name:
- Make sure your domain name is relevant to what you're planning to blog about. My blog is about how to help Millennials make, save, and invest money, so millennialmoneyclub.com was a natural fit.
- Stick to a .com domain since these are the most popular, trusted, and recognizable.
- Make your domain name easy to remember and type. Although they are witty, avoid homophones.
- Err on the side of shortness. The longer your domain name, the easier it is to misspell. Sometimes I wish that I had picked a shorter domain name.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens.
- Make sure your domain name is not the same as an already-established business.
- Consider purchasing variations or misspellings of your domain name.
4. Fill in your account information.
5. Select your package.
You will get the best price of $3.95/month if you sign up for the 36-month plan all paid up-front. If you sign up for a 12-month plan, the cost is $5.45/month. That is still a great price and comes out to only $65.40 for the year. And you do get the free domain name and WordPress install when you sign up for the 12-month plan.
In terms of add-ons, the only one I recommend is the “Domain Privacy Protection.” This protects people from looking up your blog on WHOIS and seeing the owner's (i.e., your) information online.
6. Fill out your payment information, check the Terms of Service box, and click Submit!
You did it! You are now the owner of a blog! Now let's get your free WordPress install through Bluehost.
7. Check your email and login to Bluehost.
So after you finish Step 6, you should get a welcome email from Bluehost containing your account and login information. Click “Get Started” to login to your account. You will be prompted for the username and password found in the email itself.
8. Click “One-Click Installs”, “Get Started”, “WordPress”, and finally “Get Started” again.
10. Complete your WordPress login information (write down your username and password somewhere) and click “Next”. WordPress will now install to your site!
Congrats! You now have the two basic tools you need to create a profitable blog: hosting and WordPress.